
Holy Trinity
Ulverstone, Tasmania
In 1944 at the Synod the parish name changed from Forth and Leven to Ulverstone. A new modern brick building was built to replace the old timber building. T his modern brick church was...
- Denomination
- Anglican
- Region
- North West
- Year Built
- 1944
- Architectural Style
- Church
- Heritage Status
- Not recorded
Overview
In 1944 at the Synod the parish name changed from Forth and Leven to Ulverstone. A new modern brick building was built to replace the old timber building.
T his modern brick church was designed by Mr. Louis Williams in 1959, with construction starting in 1960. The Right Rev. Dr. C.F. Cranswick laid the foundation stone on 26th November 1960.
Dedicated in May 1961, the building cost £23,000 and has a forty-five foot brick tower.
See also 262 for old timber church.
History
1944
Parish name changed from Forth and Leven to Ulverstone
renamed1944
New modern brick church built to replace the old timber building
built1959
Modern brick church designed by Mr. Louis Williams
1960
Construction of modern brick church started
built1960-11-26
Foundation stone laid by the Right Rev. Dr. C.F. Cranswick
1961-05
Modern brick church dedicated
dedicated
Gallery
References
- Ulverstone History Museum, Ulverstone sesqui-centenary celebrations souvenir 1852-2002, Ulverstone, 2002 p. 27Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
- Geoffrey Stephens, The Anglican Church in Tasmania : a diocesan history to mark the sesquicentenary : 1992, Hobart, 1991, p. 94Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
Links
- Tasmanian Archives, NS2937/1/1045, John Immig (NG2446)
Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
- Tasmanian Archives, NS2937/1/1170, John Immig (NG2446)
Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
- Church website
Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
Services
still in use
Open
Not recorded
Address
Kings Parade cnr Grove Street, Ulverstone TAS 7315
Contact
Not recorded
Accessibility
Not recorded


