
№1063
Brighton Army Chapel
Brighton, Tasmania
The Brighton Army Camp Chapel was built during the Second World War. It was opened by the Bishop of Tasmanian the Rt. Rev. Dr. R.S. Hay on Sunday 1st September 1940. In 1954 this building...
- Denomination
- Anglican
- Region
- South
- Year Built
- Unknown
- Architectural Style
- Church
- Heritage Status
- Not recorded
Overview
The Brighton Army Camp Chapel was built during the Second World War. It was opened by the Bishop of Tasmanian the Rt. Rev. Dr. R.S. Hay on Sunday 1st September 1940.
In 1954 this building was moved to Goodwood, the photographs below show it being relocated.
History
1940-09-01
Opened by the Bishop of Tasmanian the Rt. Rev. Dr. R.S. Hay
opened1954
Building moved to Goodwood
relocated
Gallery
References
- Our thanks to Chris Jager for allowing us to use images from his father, Donald Jager's photographsTasmanian Pictorial Church Index
- Geoffrey Stephens, The Anglican Church in Tasmania : a diocesan history to mark the sesquicentenary : 1992, Hobart, 1991, p. 212-213Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
Links
- BISHOP DEDICATES CHURCH HUT (1940, September 2). The Mercury (Hobart, Tas.: 1860 - 1954), p. 4. Retrieved January 21, 2023
Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
Visiting Information
Services
Relocated
Open
Not recorded
Address
Brighton, Brighton TAS 7030
Contact
Not recorded
Accessibility
Not recorded


