
St Christopher's
Goodwood, Tasmania
St Christopher's church replaced the Brighton Army Chapel that had been moved to Goodwood in 1954. The new triangular building was designed by Rev. R. Marshall Potter and constructed of...
- Denomination
- Anglican
- Region
- South
- Year Built
- 1976
- Architectural Style
- Church
- Heritage Status
- Not recorded
Overview
St Christopher's church replaced the Brighton Army Chapel that had been moved to Goodwood in 1954.
The new triangular building was designed by Rev. R. Marshall Potter and constructed of Besser blocks. It was built partly by contract and volunteer labour, it became a landmark on the Brooker Highway.
Church News in October 1976 stated that the new St Christopher's church had been opened by the Bishop of Tasmania Rt. Rev. Robert Edward Davies. It was consecrated in July 1976.
The church is closed and was listed for sale in 2018.
History
1954
Brighton Army Chapel moved to Goodwood
relocated1976
New St Christopher's church constructed
built1976
New St Christopher's church consecrated
consecrated1976
New St Christopher's church opened by the Bishop of Tasmania
opened2018
Church closed and listed for sale
closed
Gallery
References
- Church News, October 1976, p. 3Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
- Geoffrey Stephens, The Anglican Church in Tasmania : a diocesan history to mark the sesquicentenary : 1992, Hobart, 1991, pp 212 & 213Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
Links
- realestate.com.au
Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
- onthehouse.com.au
Tasmanian Pictorial Church Index
Services
Listed for sale in 2018
Open
Not recorded
Address
69 Howard Road, Goodwood TAS 7010
Contact
Not recorded
Accessibility
Not recorded


